Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: madden stratgey

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    madden stratgey

    Does anyone have any particular defensive strategies they would like to share? Like formation, and coverages and how they work against a particular type of offense.

    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: madden stratgey

    I think the best defenses are Cover 2 Man any really any formation, if you have a fast linebacker you can control as the spy. Its always good to have to know your audibles, so if you see something you dont like you can switch up.

    Im sure someone else can give a lot more information though. Im more of an offensive genius on Madden. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: madden stratgey

    Yeah, I was about to say Cover 2.... I use that often.

    Defense is one of my weakest areas, however, so most of the time I just use the "Ask Coach" feature and go with what they suggest. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: madden stratgey

    Im not saying I dont play good defense, but its more instinctive than stratgey. Offense is completely the other way around though. The key though to Madden, and real life football though is making the right adjustments.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: madden stratgey

    Yeah, I didn't mean to make it sound like YOU play bad defense, I'm just saying that I MYSELF play bad defense. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: madden stratgey

    haha oh, dude i was just saying that to say it! lol

    wasnt to you, just making that statement.

    I should have just edited into my post! haha

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Seventy4's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: madden stratgey

    The only thing to remember is you can split a cover two with a post by the TE or a fade with the receiver. Generally on 3rd and Long plays I play the Cover 3 Spy Robber or Cover 3 Switch and it generally puts that Safety in the spot where they throw that post to the TE.

    My basic coverage is Cover 2, from the 3-4 with at least one backer blitzing. If I worry about them running away from the guy I am controlling, I bring that backer opposite the side I am playing. In effect, that does one of two things, either that backer makes the play, or it stretches it out long enough for me to make the gain minimal at best. You have to have a couple of beasts up the middle though to run this, because if you don't, they'll run it right up the middle, past you and your blitzing backer.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: madden stratgey

    you can run crossing routes all day long against the cover 2. Some figure it out some dont, but its a great strategy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •